Tuesday, September 14, 2010

It's Been Awhile...

Life has been a little busy lately and I realized today that it's been a couple weeks since I've posted anything. :) I do want do a quick "Thankful Thursday" bit because I am very thankful for everyone who is helping Nick with his Eagle Project!!! He's decided to do a Safety Fair and is partnering with the Lehi City Police, Utah Highway Safety Patrol , Farmers Insurance along with the Lehi Fire Department. One of the Sgt's with the Lehi Police has been AWESOME in helping Nick get a hold of the right people and giving him suggestions on how to make it successful. When we went to meet with him he told Nick he is an Eagle Scout as well and gave him advice on how to make this project his and not let adults take over. He told Nick that the feeling of receiving his Eagle will mean so much more if he knows he put in the work and effort to receive it!!! I really appreciated everything he said to Nick. I've also appreciated every person that has returned a phone call or a text to either commit to helping, provide handouts or fingerprinting kits, or offer suggestions!!!!!

This has been a couple weeks now, but below is a picture of Nick eating the first egg (that didn't splat on the ground) from the chickens. You can definitely see and taste the difference in a farm fresh egg. :)

We also had a "family reunion" or sorts in our backyard. My sister and all six of her kids (who have not been together in one place in over 6 years) and two of the spouses all came to Utah and we had a fun brunch together. It was really neat to get to know my nieces and nephews as adults or soon-to-be adults and I was really impressed with the people they are becoming. It's sad that we don't get to see each other more often but I really appreciated the time we spent that day eating, talking, and laughing.
All the grandkids that were there that day. We were missing my other sister's 3 kids. Their ages range from 30 yrs old down to 8 years old.

The whole gang!

Then of course I have to add a picture of our sweet little baby friend Ellie!!! :)






2 comments:

  1. Yeah for Eagle projects! Yeah for family reunions! Yeah for farm fresh eggs and a reason for the chickens to live! And a BIG YEAH for Ellie! (I wonder what she was signing in this pic?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, Julie, I have such a good sense of your family after reading your blog for over a year! All the stories continue sooner or later, like: eating the first fresh egg, the family reunion, the Eagle Scout work, and the beautiful Baby Emily. I just realized today that I may know more about your family life than someone who has never read your blog, even though I'm 2000 miles away!

    Thanks for all your generous, funny, and inspiring sharing.

    ReplyDelete