Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Happy Birthday Hailey

It seems like every time I turn around I'm doing a post about one of my kids' birthdays...they are growing up way too fast for this mama!!!!!

Hailey turned 14 over the weekend. Her BFF Shaylee took her out for breakfast Saturday morning and then  Shaylee and I were planning a surprise party for her that night. We took her out for a family dinner and in the meantime Shaylee and Brinn came into the house and decorated the basement with all the decorations I left down there and set out all the food. I was cutting up a bunch of fruit during the day and when Hailey asked me what it was for I told her Memorial Day...she totally bought it! :)

We made sure she was the first one through the door when we got home and the girls TOTALLY surprised her...sadly she bit her tongue...haha. But the funniest part of her reaction was she just kept on walking all the way to her room. I've never seen anything like it. I think it was a startling surprise and she just needed a minute to re-group. Note to self - maybe no more surprise parties - she's a lot like her dad. :) But once she got past the surprise, they had a blast! She has such great friends it turned out to be a great night for her.

I really should have gotten a picture of all the fun decorating the girls did!!
The funniest thing about the picture below is that Faith (the girl in the white shirt on her knee) shoved Shaylee (the girl in the blue shirt and red pants) to the ground right as I was clicking the camera and she totally looks so innocent right as the picture was taken. :)
 The food was a lot of Hailey's favorite things...watermelon, cantaloupe, pineapple, cucumbers & ranch dip, chicken in a biscuit crackers, pringles, cookies & cream drops, mini reeses drops and mini rolo drops and to drink mini waters, cream soda and rootbeer.
We gave Hailey a new bike for her birthday so on Memorial Day she and Brian and I went out for a great bike ride on the new Murdock trail. I LOVED that trail and Hailey loved her new bike.



 ...and Hailey being goofy on the ride home. :) We love this girl and as sad as I am to have her growing up so fast, we are so happy with the amazing young woman she is becoming. Our house would not be the same without this spunky little gal!


1 comment: