Monday, January 10, 2011

Furry Friends for the Week

My sister in law and her family have headed off to sunny Florida for the week and we get to pet sit for them which THRILLS my kids. How they became animal lovers is a mystery to me since I have really never been one, but it really is fun to see how excited they are about all the little animals in their lives. :)

This week we're the proud pet sitters of two of the hairiest little guinea pigs you've ever seen. One is named Winkie and we have no idea what the other ones name is (somehow we missed that) but Nick named him "cow" for the week since he looks like a cow (the colors anyway).


This is "cow" walking back into his cage. I have never seen such a bushy tail on a guinea pig before and Janet said she gave them a bath and haircut before she dropped them off. :)



So the begging has already started for guinea pigs of their own but I have assured them that we are not adding to the brood of animals we already have around here!!!! Luckily Nick's friend down the street has a couple of new little guinea pigs so he can get his "fix" there...thanks Mary!!! :)



3 comments:

  1. Oh, this is a stretching post! I am immediately wishing we could pet-sit, too. Wait--no I don't. What am I saying??? I can barely remember to feed two cats and two frogs.

    Those are the FURRIEST guinea pigs ever. Cow looks like a dog in your picture!

    You are the Mom of a Million Experiences for your kids. What a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, congratulations on putting your bedroom in wonderful order! Doesn't it make you feel like you can do ANYTHING?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The DO make great pets. Send him down anytime. And next time we head out of town...

    ReplyDelete