Saturday, June 11, 2011

Finish Line

 I love the finish line at a race! This is Brian's 4th marathon and it does not get old cheering and screaming for every one of the runners that cross that finish line. I love the loud music, the excited kids when they see their mom or dad, the signs that people make, the announcers, the shouts of "there he is", etc etc etc. I cry everytime without fail. Whether it's the man that is physically unable to make it the last few yards on his own due to complete exhaustion so the medics come rushing to help him across the line, or the woman that is shedding tears of her own as she crosses the line, or the one occasion we saw a man who had been pushed in a wheel chair for 26.1 miles but got out of the chair to walk the last point 1 even though he suffered greatly from cerebal palsy and the man that had been pushing him in the wheel chair the whole race gladly step back and let his friend have his moment. . There are always herioc stories at the finish line...for every person that crosses. I stand in awe of all of them and I proudly lend my vocals chords to the rest of the cheering...they deserve it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment