Saturday, June 25, 2011

Week in Review

It seems like this summer is flying by already. I can't believe we're nearing the end of June. On Friday this week I took my parents up to Heritage Park. My great, great, great, great grandfather, Henson Walker, came across the plains with Brigham Young so his name is on one of the plaques up there so that's always neat to see.
 


 Hailey and Nick were both in the Lehi Roundup Parade Friday night. Brian was out of town so I sat all by myself waiting to see these guys. They were worth the wait. :)
 Nick was pretty excited to be in his scout uniform! :)

 Hailey had her very first swim meet today and as of right now she said she is never going to do swim team again after this season. She obviously really loved the meet...hahaha. She entered 3 races and had good speed and form but did not get a qualifying time in any of her 3 events because of small little mistakes like not touching the wall with 2 hands at the end of her breaststroke, turning too soon on her backstroke and touching the wall too low with her feet on her flip with the freestyle. I told her just to look at it as a learning experience and I'll bet she won't make those same mistakes again. I was proud of her for trying!
This is at the start of the backstroke. I think this was her fastest event.

Quote of the Day:
A ship in harbor is safe, but that's not what ships were built for.

1 comment:

  1. I thought the handsome gentleman in the first picture was your great, great, great, .... I am a little slow this late at night while pumped up on Bendadryl.

    And poor Hailey! What a weird day to be disqualified in all of her races.

    ReplyDelete