Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Back to School...ALREADY?????


I REALLY can't believe summer vacation is over and the kids are back in school. The kids are excited so I guess that makes me excited, but if I had my way we'd have an additional month of summer this year. :) Hailey was a bundle of mixed emotions yesterday as she left for "7th Grade Day" at the Jr. High but came home saying that Jr. High is WAAAYYYY better than elementary school!!! :) She also loved riding the bus to school which is a first for her. She didn't want me to follow her down to the bus stop to get a picture...apparently that would be very embarrassing for her...so this is a picture of her walking down there that I took from the doorway so no one could see that she was getting her picture taken. :)

 Nick is excited for 8th grade and I am taking comfort in the fact that the kids are at the same school again. I like to think that they can watch out for each other and that Nick will help Hailey if she needs it. Although that might be just a fun fantasy I have in my mind because if they treat each other at school like they treat each other at home, it might be better if they went to school in different counties...hahaha. Here's to hoping it's a fantastic school year for both of them!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. He MIGHT help out his sister--oh wait, that's only on Little House on the Prairie. I love the shot of Hailey walking to the bus. A mood shot for sure.

    ReplyDelete