Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was awesome except for I missed not having my parents over this year. It wasn't the same without them!

But it was great to have our table filled with the energy of these fun kids...and yes, they're all kids to me even though a couple of them are 20. :) (That's how old I am.)

We had Bryson & Courtney, Nick, Hailey and the Sister Missionaries who have been teaching Courtney the missionary lessons, Sis. Dahl and Sis. Cochrane. These girls have become part of our family!!


 Sis. Dahl made these awesome swans with the napkins. :) Fancy!

 Poor Hailey was still sore and swollen so her Thanksgiving dinner consisted of mashed potatoes...and pie without the crust.





 Sis. Dahl and Sis. Cochrane showed off their artistic abilities and made this gratitude tree. We all wrote on the leaves what we were thankful for. This tree is so cute I'm going to leave it up till I put up my Christmas decorations.
 Bryson is really bugged by the fact that he can't hug the sisters so he chose to give them an air hug instead. :)

He better get used to that as that is all he'll be able to do to ANY girl in about a week. :)

It was a day filled with love and gratitude and I came away feeling very thankful for all of my blessings! I hope next year my parents will also be back at my Thanksgiving table!

No comments:

Post a Comment