Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Elder Morrow Delivered to the MTC

Today was a bittersweet day.

 It is the day we have hoped, prayed, and been very excited for, but in the busy-ness of the month and over the course of the last couple of years as we've wanted this experience for Bryson so badly, I forgot to factor in the extreme sadness you feel as you hug your son (or step-son) goodbye for 2 years. 

His time to report was 1:30. We put his very heavy luggage into the expedition and left the house around 11:45 and headed to Wingers for lunch. He had actually requested Texas Roadhouse for lunch but when we got there we found out they're not open for lunch. So off we went to Winger's. I love this picture of Bryson and Hailey walking into the restaurant. 

 Bryson didn't eat much at lunch...I think the nerves were kicking in...probably for all of us!
 We then headed down to the Provo Temple which is across the street from the MTC. In the paperwork we received, it suggested to say goodbye before entering the MTC because you literally have about 90 seconds at the curb and that's it.





 It was very hard to say goodbye...each one of us cried as we hugged him and it was very hard to stop hugging him because we knew that meant it was time to go.


 He had all kinds of emotions going through him...excitement, nervousness, maybe a little sadness (but no tears). I think he was just ready to get started and see what it was all about.

A couple of elders met us at the curb and introduced themselves to us. They were super friendly and welcoming and I liked them instantly.

 I was told there wouldn't be time to take "real" pictures there, but one of these awesome elders said, "One more picture with mom" and I handed him my phone to snap this "one more picture". That elder was sent from heaven in my mind. :) I needed that "one more picture".
 ...and off he went.
I held it together fairly well until we drove out of the parking lot. Then the flood gates opened and didn't stop all the way home.

I love where he is and I love what he's doing and I wouldn't have him any other place.

No comments:

Post a Comment