Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Last Day of Vacay

I told the kids on the way in that a few years ago I rode one of the rides on top of the Stratosphere and it scared me to death. So of course, they wanted to do it...they're a lot braver than I am! I was terrified just being up that high again.

We found out they now charge you just to ride the elevator to the top, plus the cost of the ride so Brian decided to stay downstairs and wait for us. I only paid to ride up so I could get some pictures.


 This ride takes you off the side of the building and points you downward and spins you in a circle. I don't know if this picture shows it very well, but Hailey and Courtney were thinking they were pretty cool by putting their hands up in the air as it started...I wanted to go out there and slap their hands down and tell them to hold on for dear life like normal people...but that would require me letting go of my death grip on the bar of the building and that wasn't going to happen!
 Nick also wasn't afraid at all and was enjoying looking down at the view. This makes me nauseous just thinking about it!
 I'm pretty sure Hailey was praying for her life here!
 They lived!!!!!
 ...and we all ate giant slices of pizza and lived happily ever after!
That night Nick and Courtney were determined to catch this little baby lizard they had been seeing all week and after an hour or two of trying, they succeeded. Wanna take any guesses on if Nick snuck this lizard home with us or not?

It was a great week and I am so thankful to have had this chance to spend uninterrupted time with my family that I love so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment