Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thankful Thursday

...I didn't add my pictures before I started writing and now it won't let me copy and paste my text up here at the top. So, enjoy the pictures first. :)

Rocko stayed up till midnight with us on New Years Eve but the poor puppy got tuckered out around 10:00. Brian put this blanket over him and he was so tired he didn't move. :)
Snapping some pictures during our marathon of games that night.

"Happy New Years"!!!!!


Rocko perked up once we started counting down to midnight.



Just another cute picture of our little friend Ellie!!!! I love that she loves playing with her toothbrush...it reminds me so much of Nick when he was a baby.




Today I am thankful for the start of a new year. I love starting a new year and thinking about all of the things I'd like to either do differently, start doing, stop doing or think about doing in the new year. :) That's not to say I always accomplish all of these things but I do like the feeling of starting anew.


I'm also thankful I got to spend a fun New Years Eve with my family. We usually spend it with at least one or two other families but this year it didn't work out that way and even though I missed our usual traditions I am thankful for the time we spent having fun with just us. The kids and I went to the store and picked out a couple of new games for the evening and we really had a lot of fun playing them most of the night. We stopped about 11:30 to get our traditional grapes and "fake champagne" ready for midnight. Eating 12 grapes at midnight is a Spanish tradition that we started doing several years ago with our friend from Spain. As we were each eating our grapes I asked Brian what it was symbolic of and he actually had no idea. (He went on his mission to Spain.) So we have evidently been eating grapes at midnight all these years just to eat grapes at midnight. :)










3 comments:

  1. How cute is that puppy?! Just hearing you describe him as worn out waiting for midnight cracked me up! With all your talk of games (I'm not crazy about games so far), I am rethinking it, since your family has so much fun with it. I am considering professional poker lessons for Libby and me. The we'll be great at it and well, I haven't gotten any further than that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. we always seem to spend NYE alone, and its always a blast.. of course, we did have Todd with us this year, which was great!!

    LOVE the story about the grapes..

    love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute are your kids and your puppy. And Ellie's pretty dang cute also. I "borrowed" the pic of Hailey and Ellie together. Thanks fro posting it!

    ReplyDelete