Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful that I got to spend some time this week with a couple of my sisters that I haven't seen in a very long time. One lives in California and the other one lives in Tennessee and there's always way too many years between visits! But we always pick up right where we left off...with tons of laughter!! It's amazing to me how much alike one of my sisters and I are given the fact that we only share one parent (our dad...from my dad's first marriage) and we were not raised in the same house so we didn't grow up together. But we have the same mannerisms, we always have matching something (last time we were wearing the same sweater when she got off the plane, this time we have matching cell phones) we respond the same to things...in fact quite often we say the same thing at the same time in the same tone. Very freaky. She is 10 years older than me and before I got married I went on a few vacations with her and her family. Her kids always told us we shared a brain. :) My kids now agree with that after this last visit. But we had a great time and it was neat to have the whole family together for a few hours.


My dad with all his kids...Beckie (the other half of my brain), Glora Dawn, Carol, Dave & Me.
I love this picture of my mom and dad.

Beckie and Carol with my kiddos...my sisters hadn't seen my kids in about 5 years.


1 comment:

  1. Julie, what a beautiful slice of family life. Fascinating about you and Becky. It seems to underscore that we arrive on earth with personalities in place, and even though you haven't seen each other much, DNA calls you both with a similar voice. And I love that picture of your dad and mom, too.

    ReplyDelete