Saturday, February 6, 2010

Thankful...oops...Saturday

This week has totally gotten away from me so I'm a little behind in my posting. This week I'm thankful that we all liked the elk roast we made for dinner last Sunday since we now have a freezer full of elk. As it was cooking in the crock pot Nick and Hailey were looking at it and I hear Nick say, "It's kind of weird that this thing was running around on the mountain a couple weeks ago." :) This whole hunting thing has definitely made their food more "real" for them. Even though they know where their hamburgers & chicken come from...they can't visualize it like they can this elk. :)

The kids pleasantly surprised that they like elk.
Mom equally pleasantly surprised she likes elk.

Brian cooperating with the picture taking during dinner. :)


Even Rocko got to taste the elk and loved it.
I'm also thankful for my friend Pam who totally made my daughters week last week and reinforced good life lessons!!! You are the best!



1 comment:

  1. What a food adventure! I thought elk would be tough as nails but I must be wrong. Didn't Brian feel like the hunter-gatherer-provider? This story is a good one from the hunt to the meal--and all the anxiety and danger in between!

    ReplyDelete