Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thankful Thursday

This week I'm thankful for a great Easter Weekend and a fun spring break so far with my family. Saturday I got up early and started the cinnamon roles (they take 3 hours to make so I only make them every 5 years or so since I'm not that ambitious in the baking department). :) Nick & Hailey were up in time to help roll out the dough and slather the yummy cinnamon filling on it.

Then a little bit later in the day the kids decorated Easter eggs. Nick informed me that he is too old to dye Easter eggs so instead of getting the dye I got these little q-tip type things that were filled with different color paint and they basically drew or colored on the eggs. They thought it was pretty fun.


We've also had a lot of fun this week for spring break. We didn't go anywhere since "we" (meaning the kids and Brian) have new baby chicks to take care of so we found some fun things to do around here again this year. It's actually really nice not to have to pack and drive to go somewhere and we get to sleep in our own beds at night. :)
Monday night we went to Desert Star Playhouse and saw another fun play like we did last year. This time it was a spoof on Pirates of the Caribbean and we all enjoyed the pizza there as well! Tuesday we went to lunch with a couple of fun friends and a couple of their kids and then we went to a movie. Wednesday the kids and I went to the Legacy Center and ran/walked the track for 45 minutes then swam for awhile. Then when Brian got home we went miniature golfing and out to dinner and today we're heading to another movie and bowling with my brother and his family tonight. In between all of that the kids and I have been playing Mario Kart on the Wii and I have come to the conclusion that I am TERRIBLE at that game and there's really no hope for me...the kids unfortunately agree. :) I absolutely LOVE weeks like this. I've been able to work from home most of the week and feel very blessed to be able to do that and hang out with the kids while they're off from school.
So I am thankful for family, friends, and a job that allows me to have flexibility with my family this week!!!


1 comment:

  1. Julie, I am such an absentee blogger these days. But I loved this entire post. Something about the photos of the kids making things and looking delighted is comforting to me and gives me ideas for Libby. Forge on! Don't follow my temporary hiatus.

    ReplyDelete