Tuesday, April 20, 2010

That's My Man

Brian ran the Salt Lake 1/2 Marathon last Saturday and it's about the 7th or 8th 1/2 marathon he's run. He ran his personal best time of about 1hour and 44 minutes. As Hailey and I were driving up to Salt Lake to go be at the finish line (Nick was on a scout campout) I was thinking about how proud I was of him and what a great example he is of setting and accomplishing goals. I have been at every one of his finish lines for his 1/2 and full marathons and I continue to be amazed each time at what he can do. My heart swells with pride and my eyes fill with tears everytime we see him coming into the final stretch. To think about what he's gone through to get to that place as he was born with two club feet and learned to walk with casts on both legs eventually having surgery on one foot and leg. But nothing ever slowed him down and that continues to be a theme in his life...he will not allow any obstacle to get in the way of accomplishing his goals. We love him!


1 comment:

  1. WOW. What a touching and inspiring post. Brian IS such a fine example of overcoming. And you are a fine example of growing a family with humor, toughness, and warmth.

    ReplyDelete