Friday, May 7, 2010

Thankful Friday :)

This week I am thankful for the awesome vacation I got to take with Brian and for my parents who stayed with the kiddos!! I'm also thankful for cell phones, texting & picture messaging that allowed us to chat with the kids all the time and send them pictures of where we were...modern technology is awesome! I'm also thankful to my BFF Chris who gave us the free stay at this beautiful resort!! :)

This was the view from our balcony at the Maui Oceanside Resort.

There were such beautiful sunsets every night and we were always outside to enjoy them!
This is the view through the lobby of the hotel...you can see the ocean out in the distance.


Brian being a goofball at the Luau...yummy food and great entertainment.


Heading out on a snorkeling excursion. Behind me and to the left the thing with the cover over it is a grill built into the railing of the boat. They grilled us hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken for lunch.


Brian making sure his mask seals properly. :)



This is one of bays they took us to called Honolua Bay. It was beautiful and we saw the most awesome fish of all colors and shapes and neat coral. It was like swimming around in an aquarium.


This is one of the overlooks on the "Road to Hana". It was a beautiful drive but we didn't actually make it all the way to Hana...we didn't have the patience for it. :) It was about a 50 mile drive but you go about 10 miles per hour and all the bridges are one way and there were LOTS of bridges. It was pretty but we prefer the beach...which is where we spent the majority of our time!


It was an awesome week and I'm thankful for such a fun guy to share it with! :)

2 comments:

  1. How is it that I had NO IDEA you were going on this trip until your last post?? I'm out of the loop!!

    Looks like fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Heaven on earth! Thanks for all the pictures, Julie. So glad you and Brian had a glorius time. And 3 cheers for your BFF!

    ReplyDelete