Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I received an email from my mom last week letting me know that she still checks my blog every Thursday for my "Thankful Thursday" post. :) I obviously haven't been doing these posts lately so in honor of my mom I'm bringing it back. :) Today I am thankful for many things. I am thankful I got to spend a couple days with my sister that I hardly ever get to see. She is my half sister and it is amazing to me how much alike we are for not having been raised together. One time when I picked her up at the airport she came off the plane wearing the exact same sweater as me. We use the same expressions, we had the same cell phones, she has some of the exact pairs of shoes I have, we had the same make up case at one time, and we both think we're pretty funny and laugh a TON every time we're together. Her kids tell us we share a brain and they're probably right! :) I'm also thankful that prayers are answered. Hailey was having a very hard time sleeping this week with Brian gone so one night we knelt down by her bed and prayed specifically for comfort for her. There was a very sweet spirit in the room as we offered this prayer and she was sound asleep within a 1/2 hour of that prayer. The next morning she told me she knows Heavenly Father is real and hears our prayers because of the peace she felt. I'm very thankful for experiences like this with my kids. And lastly I am thankful for my mom for reminding me that it's important to reflect often on things we are thankful for. She is a great example of this and I am always thankful for her!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment