Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Where's My Award???

I have given permission for a couple of things lately that REALLY should earn me a Mother of the Year Award...hahaha. Nick has found TWO snakes that he is now keeping as pets on our back patio. This alone should qualify me for a Caribbean vacation but on top of this I gave permission for month long science project that I should seriously have my head examined for because it includes a MOUSE. Nick's project is to run the mouse through the maze below using different triggers...whether it's smell (cheese), sight (colored construction paper), etc. and then after a couple of weeks testing the triggers, taking all triggers away to see if it runs the maze the exact same based on memory. Of course that means we now have a mouse living at our house...UUUUGGGGGGG.

But here's the moral of the story. Nick asked me why on earth I would agree to these things when I dislike these creatures as much as I do. Here's the answer...I dislike these creatures but I love my son! He is a good boy who cares about school, grades, etc. and for a 14 year old boy I couldn't ask for much more. He is so interested in these kinds of things that I want to support him. So I guess I don't need an award after all...I have a very happy boy!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh nooooo, Julie. You DO deserve a reward for this beyond a happy son. That is just not enough, although it might sound like it should be. Let's come up with a formula for your gift: 1 mouse = having all laundry washed, dried, and put away for 4 weeks. Two snakes = well, this one is beyond all possible gifting but how about vacuuming the house, also for one month. We must never lower our standards so much that soon our children will bring home scorpions and tarantulas and simply expect us to say, well, honey, if it makes you happy...no, I say, NEVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Pam -- you definitely deserve an award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...I LOVE your formula Pam! Nick is already in charge of the vacuuming every week so I'll need to come up with something else for the snakes. I will say he has not complained once about dish nights (cleaning the kitchen) or Saturday morning chores since he got these things so that's a bonus! :) I can say right now though that a scorpion or tarantula will NEVER live in, around, or anywhere near my house!!!!!!!!! :) Thanks for the input!

    ReplyDelete