Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Don't Ask Me Where the Real Julie Morrow Went...

...cuz I don't know.

It all started the day Nick brought me and Brian into the office (separately) to show us the power point presentation he created. You can see the computer screen below to see the title of the presentation with his school picture sitting on a stand beside the computer. He had the office lights off and the bookshelf lights on for "mood lighting" then left us alone to read the presentation. There were several slides explaining the particulars about the snake he wanted and why it's the best pet of all time evidently. He even had a very heart felt letter to us as one of his slides and in parenthesis he put that there was a tissue underneath the laptop should I need it. Ummmm...I did! :) That's the minute I knew I must've been drugged at some point during that day because I realized I was seriously considering letting Nick get a snake...with his own money...to keep in his room...yep, I was drugged. Brian came out of his viewing seriously considering it as well.
We did make him suffer about two weeks while we were considering it before we gave him an answer...which turned out to be yes. The drugs were still in my system apparently. So he ordered it and waited not-so-patiently for it to arrive. Today was the day. I signed for it from the FedEx guy today at noon and Nick had to wait 3 more excruciating hours before school was out. At 3:05 a hoard of kids came bursting through the front door to open the snake and see if it lived through transportation. I really should've gotten a picture of them all gathered in a circle on the living room floor for the opening but I was a room away trying not to freak out about a live snake coming to live with us.

It's actually very tiny right now but I'm still keeping my distance!




1 comment:

  1. Tell Nick he has a fan in PA--Libby. The other day she told her friends Elizabeth and Amanda about this boy in UT who cut off chicken heads. Today she came running when I told her Nick was up to new pet things. When she read your post, she said the inevtiable: Mommy, may I PLEASE have a snake, too?
    :)

    ReplyDelete