Saturday, August 25, 2012

Another Athlete in the Family

About a month ago, Janet (Hailey's best friend Shaylee's mom) called Hailey and asked if she would be interested in doing a Youth Triathlon with Shaylee, and because Hailey loves Shaylee and Janet so much she said YES! She was pretty nervous about it yesterday and when I told her we wanted to come watch she told us not to because she didn't want to embarrass herself in front of us. :) It was in Kamas so I didn't argue too much with her since that's quite the drive and I knew she'd prefer to go with her friend since I would've too at her age. But as awesome mother's do, Janet took LOADS of pictures for us so between those and the stories from Hailey and Shaylee, I feel as if I was there. :) Next time I WILL be there!!!

 On the way up...they look pretty chipper for 6:30 or so on a Saturday morning.
 They've got their numbers and are ready to go. Janet participated in the Adult Triathlon which was double what the girls did...GO JANET!!!!!
 Hailey was pretty nervous for the run...it's what she's done the least of this summer. Shaylee is a GREAT runner so Hailey was thinking she was going to be left in the dust. The order was run, bike, swim so she was hoping to catch up on the other two events.
 She looks pretty happy for running...I don't think I've ever run anywhere with that kind of smile on my face. :) As expected Shaylee was pretty far ahead in the run.
 On to the biking...
 Notice the two coming in together. :) Shaylee told me she was pretty far ahead of Hailey starting the biking but near the end of the ride she heard, "Hey Beebs" and she turned around and there was Hailey.:)

 Stripping down and heading for the pool...yes there's a swimsuit under there. :)
 Now she's totally in her element coming off of 2 months of swim team.
 Coming across the finish line!!! Woooohoooooo
 They did it!!!

 Hailey took 3rd, Shaylee took 4th and Shaylee's cousin Peyton took 6th in their age group!!!!!
                                                           THESE GIRLS ROCK!!!!!



1 comment:

  1. That is so impressive! I cannot believe I did not hear this story today--I have to get the full scoop tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete