Sunday, August 5, 2012

Girls Camp

Girls camp was a blast this year. We went to Bear Lake the first day/night and then on to a cabin in Idaho for the next two nights. It is so much fun to spend this time with these girls and get to know them better. It's also fun to spend time with some of the funnest women around and laugh till our guts hurt! And it was AWESOME being in a cabin rather than a tent!!! :)
 It's awesome to be able to go to camp with my daughter! She asked me beforehand to treat her like any other girl there (which is an understandable request from a 13 year old) so I tried hard to do just that. I asked other girls to do the assignments I needed help with and I let other leaders ask Hailey to do the things they needed her to do. It honestly made for a very peaceful time because I understand that it's hard to be one of the leader's daughter's. All the other girls get to be "parent free" for a few days so I get that Hailey didn't want a mom nagging at her the whole time. It ended up being GREAT and I love my daughter more than words can express!!!!
 Of course we barely slept the whole time we were there and Hailey had to come straight home and go to volleyball tryouts. Within minutes of being home from tryouts she was crashed on the couch completely out. I think she stayed just like this for at least 2-3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment