Thursday, September 20, 2012

Poor Little Toes

Hailey had to pay the price of cutting her toe nails too short for years last week and had ingrown toenail surgery on both sides of both big toes. Because I tend to be a little squeamish with things like this I brought in a pseudo-mom to hold her hand during the surgery. (Thanks Chris!) The night before I was feeling bad about this so I told her I thought I could do it...I would just turn my back to the ickiness but she told me in no uncertain terms that she didn't want to worry about me passing out on top of everything else going on so she would rather have Chris...no offense. :) The numbing shot was by far the worst part of the day in that it's thick stuff that burns going in and they move the needle around in there for a while to make sure they numb it all good. She cried it hurt so bad but Chris told me she was a trooper and her toes did stay numb for about 3 days...which is a good thing! She's glad to have it over with and on the recovery side of things and doing a great job of soaking them everyday!!! 

And as a bonus she got these stylish slippers with smiley faces on them and if you look really closely at her left foot you can see the smiley face the nurse made on top of her foot with the iodine. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment