Monday, September 3, 2012

Who Would've Thought...

I was talking with my mom the other night about how much Hailey has changed from when she was little. She was the SHYEST little girl you've ever met and I was convinced she would never participate in anything where anyone had to look at her. :) Now she is involved in so many different things we can barely keep up...and I love it!! I'm proud of her that she stepped outside her comfort zone to start participating in the things that interest her and she's growing to love. 

She had her first volleyball game last Saturday and her team won in two sets? matches? games? I guess I don't know what they're called in volleyball but they won so that's a great start to the season. :)

 She's also started tumbling recently and just mastered the back bend. Tumbling was the one thing I could get her to participate in as a little girl but when she broke her elbow (not doing tumbling) the day before her 4th birthday the doctor recommended we get her out of that sport. She has ALWAYS been sad about that and finally convinced us to put her in a beginning tumbling class. Her and her two friends are the oldest ones in beginning tumbling and she said it's so funny to have these little 8 year olds showing them around the gym but she's just happy to be there. :)

 The swimming season ended on a great note with Hailey getting qualifying times in every one of her swims...something she didn't do last year so she was excited about that!!
 ...and she's looking forward to basketball season starting up again in a couple of months along with piano starting again this week. Who would've ever thought it would be HER schedule that we were juggling!!!!
 Not to leave Nick out of the post completely...this is what he's been up to...
 ...breeding mice for his snake to eat...
...boys are gross!!

Good thing we love him!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry, but those mice look disgusting! EEEWWWWW! I love your Hailey. Cutest girl on the planet...I would have never guess she were shy.

    ReplyDelete