Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful that the last day of school is tomorrow. I always look forward to summer break with the kids. The days spent at the pool, the nights out by the firepit, hikes in the mountains, bike rides on trails, all mixed in with sibling rivalry, spats & quarrels from spending so much time together. :) (Ok so that's not the part I look forward to but the rest is pretty fun.) I'm also thankful that the kids have friends in the neighborhood so their summer can be spent walking out the front door and having friends to play with.

2 comments:

  1. i agree!!

    i LOVE having my kids home for the summer, and i'm one of the few who ISN'T happy when its time for school to restart..

    and luckily, we don't get too many of the "spats & quarrels", so that makes it nice..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy your kids those friends outside the door. Libby can only have play dates since our neighborhood has almost no kids. But I, too, am excited to have her with me all summer! She and her BFF, Richard, will spend many afternoons at our swim club. They will fight, whine, cry, laugh, splash, and play all at the same time, it seems!

    ReplyDelete