Monday, July 13, 2009

Growing up...

(...my pictures did not drop in the way I wanted them to and I can't get my text to copy and paste...sheesh)


I've been struggling lately with the fact that my children are growing up so fast. We were watching our old home movies the other day that I just put onto DVD's and on one hand it seems like forever ago that these kids were little babies and toddlers but on the other hand it seems like yesterday...where on earth did the time go?

But instead of dwelling on the fact that in a few short years my kids will be grown and gone and I will be curled up in a corner in the fetal position crying (lol), I'm going to focus on the positives of them getting older. The positive I'm focusing on this week is the fact that they are old enough to be EXTREMELY helpful around the house. Hailey asked me this week if I would teach her how to iron...ABSOLUTELY was my response. :) Once Brian caught wind that she was into ironing now he offered to pay her 50 cents a shirt to iron all his work/church shirts which she gladly did and did a great job!

So since Hailey was learning this new great skill I thought I should teach Nick a helpful skill as well so I taught him how to do LAUNDRY! He started off pretty excited to learn how to use the washer and dryer but then reality set in after he changed out the first load and he wasn't as thrilled with this lesson as I was. :)








1 comment:

  1. You are such a wonderful mom! Look at these kids helping you. While Hailey looks like she'll be sticking to doing ironing, Nick's response to doing laundry was hilarious--and I feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete