Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for the kindness of others. Those people who will lighten the burdens of others whether they know them or not. Ever since our neighbor was killed in the accident I have seen how individuals can become an army for good. I, along with countless others have wracked our brains for the right words to say and the right things to do to lighten the burden of our neighbor and friend. What I have witnessed humbles me to the core. I have seen elementary schools rally their students and faculty in gathering needed items for the family, My children's teachers have asked them what they can do to help/serve this family. (These teachers don't know this family.) I have seen primary children write words of love and simple inspiration all over a giant poster-sized card, I have seen ward members clean their home and help prepare for the viewing, funeral, & luncheon. The company I work for picked this family's memorial fund as their charity to donate to this year. A couple of sales reps who work for my company out of Florida and Kansas City are either sending money to the memorial fund or sending gift cards for the family. (No one at my company knows this family.) And I know that there are many, many more things that are being done that I am not aware of not the least of which are the countless prayers being offered on their behalf. We went to the viewing tonight and Colette was no doubt buoyed up by countless angels as she was the pillar of strength amidst one of the hardest nights of her life. I am thankful to witness all of these acts of generosity, love and kindness which has confirmed my faith in the human spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment