Sunday, November 29, 2009

One more hug...

We received some very sad news when we came home from the football game yesterday. Our neighbor (who was 31) had been killed earlier in the day in a motocross accident leaving behind a pregnant wife (due in 2 weeks), a son who is 3 and a daughter who is 2. He was a great guy and his little boy just idolized him. We are heartbroken over this news and it has put life back into perspective. We always get so caught up worrying about the daily grind and responsibilities and this is a reminder that it's more important to take the time to give one more hug, one more kiss or say one more I love you. We so often take our life for granted and it's unfortunate that it takes a tragedy like this to remind us of what's most important.

So to my family, friends and neighbors that read this I love you and I am grateful for each one of you. My life is better because of each of you. I appreciate the love, laughter, kindness, and examples you bring to my life. Give those extra hugs to those that surround you and never take a moment for granted! Please also add the Buttars' family to your prayers!

3 comments:

  1. Heartbreaking. I just hugged and kissed Libby after reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm back, Julie. This death is so disturbing. I just wanted you to know that I am praying for you and your family. Don't argue--you have been deeply affected and I'll pray for whoever I want. Two thousand miles away and I still can't get this family out of my mind...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam you are so awesome. You made me giggle and cry all in one paragraph. Thank you for your prayers!!! This is the family Hailey babysat for this summer and we are having a hard time accepting this. You are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete