Friday, March 12, 2010

Thankful Friday

Wow I am really not doing very well on my Thankful Thursday posts. I need to recommit to doing them actually on Thursday! :)

This week I am thankful for great friends, a great husband, a patient helper at the eye doctor, and getting to help Hailey babysit our favorite little friend Ellie.

I went on a quick shopping excursion to Park City this week with a couple of friends and I really appreciate how much fun we always have together. We laugh, we make fun of ourselves, and if we're lucky we find some good deals! :) I also got to have a fun lunch with my friends from Primary and although we are still very sad we won't be working together at church anymore, I am very grateful for the friendships I made with these women and I hope those friendships last forever!

I'm also grateful for everything Brian did this week. It wasn't any particular grand gesture, but just a lot of little things that show me he cares and is helpful and I appreciate him so much!

Nick had a big week this week in that he got contacts. We've been noticing his eye sight has been getting worse but he really doesn't enjoy wearing his glasses. So we made the leap to contacts and they eye doctor (who was NOT the most positive guy in the world) told us we could not leave his office with contacts unless Nick could take them out and put them in...and he went on to say that 85% of kids Nick's age could not do this so we shouldn't get our hopes up. I was not happy that he was being so negative about it right in front of Nick and setting him up for thoughts of failure before he even tried. But the nice office assistant patiently walked Nick through the process and cheered him on as he tried....and tried....and tried....and tried for an hour to get them out. She finally started doing some other tasks around the office so I snuck over and pried his eyes open for him so he just had to reach in and grab them...which he did...HURRAY!!! So we showed her he got them out and it was on to the task of getting them back in. So he tried....and tried...and tried....and tried for the next 30 minutes but as the lovely assistant was busy on the phone I once again pried his eyes open for him and he got them in...HURRAY!!! So we got to leave the office with his trial pair and even though I am still prying his eyes open for him he's getting them in and out much faster each day. :)

Lastly, Hailey and I had so much fun playing with baby Ellie last night. She is SUCH a cute baby and we love her!!! She LOVES Rocko and just giggles and giggles every time he is near her. Hailey is turning into such a great little babysitter and I appreciate our friend Heather for trusting us with her sweet little one and giving me the opportunity to teach my daughter about taking care of little babies.




Ellie LOVED the Baby Signing Time video Heather brought over and she sat on the couch by Hailey and watched it a few times...so cute!!

2 comments:

  1. Trusting you? I am just grateful that you and Hailey WANT Ellie to come and play with you! I love having go-to babysitter(s) that are soooo good to my daughter. I know she will have so much fun at your house! You are truly the best - and we have to be bff's forever...

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. These are darling pictures of the girls!

    ReplyDelete