Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday

This week I am thankful that Nick is such a trooper with his contacts. Putting them in and taking them out has not come easy to him but he has not given up and is getting better every day. He REALLY likes being able to see so it's all worth it to him. He is now taking them out without my help but I still pry his eyes open for him to put them in. :)

I'm also thankful for him being so aware of what pleases me. On Sunday he stayed home from church because he's had a really bad cold and he didn't want to sniffle, blow and sneeze all through church. When the rest of us were getting ready to leave he asked if he could make banana bread while we were gone with the bananas that were ultra ripe. He's never made bread before but he has made cakes & cookies so I thought he could probably handle following the recipe. We walked through the doors after church to the smell of the yummy bread fresh from the oven but even better, I walked into a CLEAN kitchen. He knew that he probably wouldn't get to do that again if he left everything a mess so that awesome kid cleaned up after himself...a mother's dream come true!!! :) I love that boy!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I'll be sharing his accomplishments with the 12 year old at my house. Maybe it's contagious.

    ReplyDelete