Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Thankful...ummm day of the week :)

So I haven't been keeping up with my Thankful Thursday posts...but I am thankful for many things the last couple of weeks. I'm thankful that the weather warmed up enough for the kids to spend tons of hours at the pool. That was always such a big part of my summer growing up and I love that my kids enjoy the water just as much!!! They are little fish and fearless...it's amazing to me that they literally "jump" off the high dive when I can barely bring myself to crawl to the edge and and squat down as low as I can get and practically hang from the bottom of it till I can work up the courage to drop down into the water. :) Last year I actually climbed back down the ladder because I couldn't even work up the courage to do that...yes that was very embarrassing for my kids but luckily not many people were at the pool yet.

I'm also thankful for the beautiful flowers Brian cut from our yard and brought in for me. He said...and I quote, "their beauty reminded him of my beauty"...now if you know my husband that was really a "line" he was delivering from a movie or something in order to earn some brownie points. :) But I love him for trying! :)

I'm also thankful we got to watch our favorite little baby friend Ellie this week and we get to watch her again on Thursday. She is so fun and so cute and both my kids absolutely love her to pieces!!!!

I'm thankful as well that my talk at church is over and I can go to church this week without butterflies in my tummy!! :)




1 comment:

  1. 1. LOVED your talk on Sunday (and the visitors you brought with you to hear it)
    2. LOVE the flowers from your yard - they are almost as gorgeous as you
    3. CAN'T believe you gave Ellie up after she fell asleep in your arms
    4. LOVE seeing your gorgeous daughter snuggle my gorgeous daughter
    5. 12:30 tomorrow OK?

    ReplyDelete