Friday, June 4, 2010

Thankful Friday :)

Today I am thankful for summer...and for the fact that it's actually feeling a little like summer out there after our massive snow fall two weeks ago. Nick and I just got back from a 10 mile bike ride and it was awesome to be out in the sunshine riding our bikes again. I am thankful for every change of season (even though I like some seasons more than others)! Each season brings different clothes to wear, toys to play with, things to do, etc and it's fun to get excited about it each time a different season rolls around. Currently we are giddy about having our first bbq this week, lighting our first fire in the fire pit and roasting marshmallows, dusting off the bikes (or getting a new one as in Nick's case), buying the swim pass and working on our tans...Hailey always turns into our little Indian girl in the summer with her awesome olive skin tan. :) Pretty soon we'll be taking out the 4-wheelers and spending some time in the mountains and at the lake...hurray for summer!!!

1 comment:

  1. Your summer sounds ACTIVE beyond words. I especially love how you are all looking so forward to your first bbq.

    Now, about my "odd fruits" commitment. Can you say POMEGRANATE? Oh my, what a pain in the neck food! It took me so long to get all the little berries out and we were so excited to eat them on ice cream. And after all that, we didn't like them! Next report soon to come.

    ReplyDelete