Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Last Year of Elementary School

I know it's not like me to post 2 days in a row...but yesterday was Nick's first day of school and today was Hailey's. It's so strange to have them in different schools this year!! Hailey got very lucky and got the same teacher Nick had last year...Mr. Johnson...who we LOVED!!!! She had the normal first day jitters but came home very happy and excited...hurray. The first day of school is always a bitter-sweet day for me. It's great to have the kids back in school and not hearing the words, "what can I do" every few minutes, but it's also a stark reminder that they are growing up...quickly!!! I can't believe it's my baby's last year in Elementary School! I've been on the verge of tears all day thinking about that! In fact, I've been thinking about a time when she was a baby and down for her nap. I went in to check on her and she was sleeping up on her knees with her little bum in the air. I remember just watching her wishing I could freeze that moment. That seems like forever ago!! Time flies...that's for sure!




2 comments:

  1. Ok, could she look any prettier???? Julie, this is silly but I always thought Hayley was older than Nick. Imagine my surprise to learn that she is younger. How have I messed that up for so long? Oh well, I am so eager for the first day of school. When I drop Libby off, I will spend the day shopping all alone, without a little voice saying, "THIS IS SO BORING. LET'S GO HOME. I HATE SHOPPING. I'M HUNGRY. I'M THIRSTY. I HAVE TO GO TO THE BATHROOM" and on and on.

    Because I need clothes, Julie. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy first day of Elementary School!

    ReplyDelete