Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thankful Thursday - A Day with Hailey Ray :)

Okay so that's not really Hailey's middle name, but it is Brian's middle name and it rhymed with Day and I think it sounds cute...I kind of wish I would've thought of that when we were naming her. :)

But today I am thankful for the day I spent with my cute daughter. First we went to get pedicures together which was very fun and relaxing...except when it tickled...that part wasn't very relaxing! :) It was fun to sit in the massage chairs and chat and read while they were making our feet soft again. Well, Hailey's little 11 year old feet were already soft but my, older than 11 feet were pretty rough and were in desperate need of TLC. After we were done there we went to get Hailey's hair trimmed and a few layers added. (I forgot to take pictures of that.) It was a nice little make over day for her and fun for me to hang out with her one on one. We stopped at the grocery store on the way home then she helped me make dinner. I love her so much and she is growing up way too fast for me!!! Sometimes it's nice to stop and smell the roses together. :)

This picture is actually from last night when we had a HUGE rain storm. Nick and Brian were gone and I noticed the window was open in the Chicken Hilton in our backyard so I sent Hailey out to shut it and shut the little chicken door out to the run. The minute she got out near them they all stampeded out back into the run and I could hear her say, "No, get back in there" and motion with her hands. She kept motioning and saying, "Go back in...go back in..." and for some reason they just weren't obeying her. It just made me giggle. :)
Hailey getting ready for her awesome pedicure!
The tickley part...but she endured. :)

Pretty toes.





1 comment:

  1. OK. Now I want to take Libby for a mani-pedi. Everything you do with your kids--except all that biking--sounds delightful to me. And Libby would think it was COOL.

    ReplyDelete