Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Annual Girls Trip

Each year around this time my friends and I go on our annual "golf" trip. This year we lost sight a little bit of the "golf" part and spent 2 days in Vegas to shop and go to shows before spending a day in St. George golfing. We usually spend a couple days golfing in St. George and do a day trip into Vegas to shop. We had a great time but decided next year we need to return to the original plan and spend a little more time golfing. :-) One of the neat things that happened is that my brother was in Vegas at meetings at the same time we were there and they had an extra ticket to a show Friday night so I went with him and all his work buddies to that. I don't see him that much even though we both live in Utah so it was fun to get to hang out with him a little in Vegas.

The 3 of us at a show in Las Vegas called Tony & Tina's wedding. It was pretty unique in that the audience was actually part of the act. We attended the wedding then had a buffet dinner as part of the reception and the cast interacted with everyone and made it seem like you were part of the family. I got pulled up to dance with the father of the groom after he and the bride got in a fight while dancing and she stormed off. The funniest guy in the whole show was the wedding photographer who had the best one liners and about had me spitting lasagna out my nose I was laughing so hard. :)
Not sure why this picture dropped in sideways...but this is one of our many times eating on the trip. :)

This is Chris putting her golf clubs back on the cart after dumping them off the back. :) Even though we have all golfed for several years now we always seem to do something that typifies that average female golfer no matter how hard we try not to. :-) She evidentally got distracted when we were loading our clubs on our cart and forgot to actually strap them in. So as we were taking off toward the first hole we here this big bang behind us and we turn around to see her clubs laying splat on the pavement about 15 feet behind the cart. We always make a great first impression where ever we go. :-)


Cara and I posing for a picture as we're waiting for the guys ahead of us to tee off.



Chris and I hanging out between holes.

All in all it was a great trip with a lot of laughs. It's always so nice to get away for a few days, let loose, and appreciate what you have at home. I'm so blessed to have great friends and I'm so blessed to have such a great family to come home to. I missed my little kiddies a ton and I always feel so loved when I walk back in the door to those awaiting cute little faces!


1 comment:

  1. Well, this was fun to read on so many levels! First, seeing you. Then seeing you in Las Vegas with your girlfriends. Then picturing your brother. And finally, being reminded that I haven't been out on a girls weekend in 2 years. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete