Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Rest of Spring Break...And a nice surprise

Well we had our fun sleep over with cousins Friday night and the kiddos did not get much sleep. :) They built a fort with blankets over the ping pong table upstairs and put mattresses in there to sleep on. I guess it held in a lot of heat though. They put a couple fans in there with them to try to cool it off but it didn't really work and they couldn't sleep because they were so hot...Nick finally gave up and came down to his bed. But they had a blast so that's all that matters right?! :)

Saturday Nick had another scout powwow where he earned his Engineering merit badge and Space Exploration merit badge. One of the things he had to do was build a rocket and launch it twice to show that it worked in order to pass it off. Brian forgot to do this with him before he left town so I got the pleasure of building it with him. :) I was as proud as he was when his rocket launched straight up in the air and the flag deployed just as it was supposed to...twice. :)

Then Saturday night I got a surprise from my sweet husband and awesome friends. Since I'm turning the big 4-0 next week, Brian had arranged a surprise birthday dinner for me with some of our closest friends. They pulled it off perfectly as I didn't suspect a thing and when we walked into the restaurant I was totally shocked to see 5 couples sitting there with fun balloons and of course several things to mock how old I am. :-) I don't have pictures yet from the restaurant...I'm waiting for my friends to send them to me...but we had so much fun! While we were at the restauant, my kids and the neighbor kids were decorating our house and the party came back to our house afterwards for cake and ice cream.


This cake was one of the cutest cakes I have ever seen...other than the fact that there's 40 over and over and over again all over it. :-) I love the purses on it! :)



Sunday night we went over to my sister in law, Janet's house to celebrate the rest of the April birthdays in the family. Amazingly we have 5 birthdays in April. Grandma & Grandpa's, Janet's daughter Megan's, Janet's and mine. It's always fun to get together, eat the yummy strawberry shortcake that Janet made and chat. :)
All in all I would say our Spring Break was a ton of fun...other than the fact that Hailey came down with the flu today and will probably be staying home from school tomorrow (after being off a week).












2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe how sick Hailey got yesterday! I hope she is better soon.

    Congrats on the rocket - that looks like a lot of fun. I will add "engineer" to your list of hidden talents.

    Congrats on being 40! I hear 40 is the new 20. Does that mean that you are still so young that you have a lot of growing up to do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Julie! And congratualtions to Nick and his rocket success. This post is in stark contrast to my post on my cousin, and yet both of you are happy where you are. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete