Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thankful Thursday...Spring Break con't...

This week I am thankful for family. It has been such a great week and we've had the opportunity to spend time with our immediate and extended family. Last Saturday night we were with Brian's family celebrating his mom and dad's birthdays. We had a great time talking and laughing together and the only thing that would've made it better is if his sister that lives in Arizona and her family could've been there.

Then Brian took Monday and Tuesday off work so that's why we crammed so many things into those two days. I posted about Monday already but Tuesday we spent a lot of time up at Clark Planetarium. We went through all of the exhibits (and learned a lot I might add) and saw 2 shows. (I took pictures with my camera on my phone but I don't know how to download them so therefore, no pictures of that day.) One of the shows was a 3-D Under the Sea show and it was very cool. It was a little startling though because those sea creatures looked like they were right in your lap with those 3-D glasses on and when they would snap up an innocent fish swimming by it looked like they were coming after your head for dinner. Hailey informed me if I screamed she would pretend she didn't know me. :)

The 2nd show we saw was a laser light show set to the music of U2...it rocked. The kids loved the dome screen and we all loved the music. It was a lot of fun just to hang out as a family the majority of the day!

Wednesday was a little bit of a "back to reality" day. I had to work so the kids went to grandmas. They love spending time over there and getting showered with attention from grandma and grandpa. We met for lunch after I was done working and it is always so nice to be with my parents who love me and my children more than just about any other person on the planet loves us. They show it by the small and simple kindnesses that only someone who loves you does. We appreciate them and all they do for our family!


This morning we woke up to Mother Nature's cruel joke she plays on kids out of school for spring break...10 inches of snow. Enough already!!!

On the agenda for today was the new Hannah Montana movie...this is a picture we took of ourselves very excited to go see this movie. :)

My BFF Chris brought her cute little granddaughter Hannah to see the movie with us and we all enjoyed it.
What a great week it has been and we're going to top it off tomorrow night with a sleepover with my cute little nieces Savannah and Adi. I am so appreciative of family and the role they play in shaping our lives.







1 comment: