Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Tonight I am thankful that we made it through playing a game together as a family without any major arguments from the kids. :) They have been asking us a lot lately if we can have Family Game Night (thanks to the commercials on TV about that...advertising dollars doing their job). Many times in the past however, the game ends when a fight breaks out, not when someone actually wins. So I told them we could start having Family Game Night when they were able to just have fun playing and not be so competitive that they were accusing the other of cheating or doing something to work things in their favor...or actually DOING something that made things work in their favor like not really rolling the dice...just sliding them gently out of the palm of their hand onto the game board with the exact number needed. They assured me they were to this point. The first night started out a little rocky, but they have continually gotten better to the point that we are now starting to have very enjoyable game nights. I love to play games so I am very thankful they are trying so hard to keep Family Game Night going!

2 comments:

  1. Keep this under wraps!

    My girls would have game night EVERY night, but sometimes I get a little "gamed out"

    Glad its working better for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of all of you sitting around the table playing board games, laughter abounding.

    ReplyDelete