Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fun Fall Break & a Little Sadness

The kids had fun doing their projects over the break and we had some fun family time. On Thursday they painted their plaster of paris pumpkins and had a lot of fun doing it. They love projects like that and I will be sad when they outgrow doing them!


Of course I don't have a picture of their finished products to post here, but you get the idea. :)
Brian had the day off Friday and I had to go into work for a meeting so he took them bowling and they all had a blast. I kept getting emails from Brian during my meeting telling me he had a "me-he-heeen bowling game" going on. :) He definitely had as much fun as the kids. Then he and Hailey went up to have dinner with Bryson and Nick went to a birthday party. I was sad to miss dinner with Bryson since we haven't seen him in a little while but I had one more phone interview to do before my day was over. That night Hailey, Brian and I watched Napoleon Dynamite...again. Such a silly show but it makes us giggle!!
Saturday morning Nick & Brian went out shooting guns with Grandpa Walker. Nick saved his money to buy his own .22 so he loves going out and shooting at targets. Hailey and I got to hang out and do a little Christmas catalog shopping with Grandma...so fun to hang out with her! Then in the afternoon we made homemade salsa and the whole family helped. Hailey found a creative way to protect her eyes from the onion burn (as you see in the picture below) but the goggles didn't help quite as much as you'd think. :)

Nick sauteed the jalapenos and said he was feeling like quite the chef but said it was hard on the eyes as well! It turned out pretty darn yummy though!!!

We finished the weekend with Nick being set apart as the secretary in the Deacon's Quorum Presidency at church and that was a neat experience as well. Nick loves his teacher so much at school that he's very excited to get back to school tomorrow and I think we're all ready to get back into the normal routine even though breaks are fun!
We did have a sad note over the break and that was that our bunny Nibbles died. We've had him for 6 years and Nick went out to feed him and he was not moving. So we're hoping he's found Squirt the Snake up there in heaven (and Libby's cat too Pam) so he has some friends up there! It's going to take Nick a little while to get out of the habit of going out there each morning to give him food and water. He's been doing that faithfully for all 6 years...we originally bought it for the "family" pet but it quickly became Nick's since he was the most loyal in taking care of it each day! We'll miss him!!!



1 comment:

  1. Where do I begin? I love this Week In Review! The photos tell the story so well, too. I am going to run over to AC Moore and see if they have that pumpkin thing for Libby. And I am so sorry about Nibbles. Gracie will be happy to mingle with Squirt and Nibbles in animal heaven.

    ReplyDelete