Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkins, Choir & Snow...Yep, Snow!

After my last post I had a few phone calls and emails asking if I was okay...I was really just in a ornery mood that night but everything is good!! :) Maybe the key learning there is not to do a "Thankful Thursday" post when I'm in a bad mood. :) But we had a great weekend and I'm starting this week renewed! :)

Yesterday I took the kids to pick out their pumpkins that we were going to carve last night when Brian got home. But I got a text from Bryson at 3:30 telling us he had a choir concert at the school that night. So instead of waiting for Brian we threw down the newspaper and I let the kids do it all...usually Brian helps them actually carve. But this year they got all the guts out, drew out their faces and carved it all themselves...they were pretty excited about that.

Bryson's choir concert was awesome. He tried out for Concert Choir this year and made it. And he looked so handsome up there!! :)


What I'm not so excited about is that we've had our first snow of the season! I am NOT ready for winter yet...it is WAY too cold and windy out there. But Rocko got to play in snow for the first time and he loved it!! At first he kept lifting up his hind legs as he was walking around in it, but then he realized he could eat it and that made him forget about his little paws getting cold and wet. :) He has gone to the door constantly this afternoon to go out and play in it...at least someone likes it. :)











1 comment:

  1. Only in Utah can you not have a cranky evening or two. Here in the east, we are WITH YOU and totally identifying with you, Julie!

    ReplyDelete