Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today I've decided that I'm thankful for being busy. Yesterday I was just trying to figure out how to get through the day with my sanity intact...I started going at 6:30 am and didn't stop till about 10:30 last night. The saving grace was a fun lunch with a couple of my wonderful friends. Other than that I spent the day getting the kids ready for picture day (luckily Hailey & I agreed on her outfit and hair pretty quickly), taking the kids to school, going to the grocery store, to get the things Brian needed for his fishing trip he was leaving on with his buddy, returning some things at Home Depot, 3 hours at the office working, picking up the kids from school, taking Nick to get his allergy shots, getting a bid for blinds for Nick's room, conference call for a consulting job I'm doing, parent/teacher conference with both the kids teachers, getting dinner, helping with homework, getting Nick to scouts, then a couple hours of reading resumes for positions I'm recruiting for at work. Brian was out of town so I was on my own and exhausted by the end of the day.

But today I've decided to be thankful for my schedule because it means I have people in my life that need me and I am gainfully employed. What more could I ask for? I am thankful for the hectic schedule that reminds me I'm needed, loved and productive.

3 comments:

  1. That is quite a day. Dinners get pretty creative at our house on days like that. But I agree that being busy definitely has it's bright sides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely needed and loved by me - and the Primary! Maybe not as much as your kids or your job needs you, but you are seriously one talented and amazing person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I could barely calculate how you fit all that in! Busy or not, you always matter to me.

    ReplyDelete