Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful Thursday

With Thanksgiving tomorrow I thought I would write my Thankful Thursday tonight before all the cooking and chaos begins. :) I am thankful for so many things and it's always nice to have a day every year that directs you to reflect on those things. I'm thankful that I came across this "Thankful Thursday" idea in someone elses blog so I purposefully reflect each week on those things for which I am most grateful.

This year I have been continually grateful to be surrounded by such wonderful friends and family. My friends and family constantly lift me up, perform selfless acts of kindness, are always willing to listen to me vent and help me move on, and provide hours of laughter and fun.

I am thankful for blogs where I am entertained, enlightened and inspired. I'm thankful for the blogs that help me keep in touch with my friends that live far away and for the ones that help me get to know my neighbors better. I'm also grateful for the blogs of those I don't even know but feel like I've lived through a year full of struggles and victories with them.

I'm thankful for my husband and children. I'm thankful we are all healthy and happy and I'm especially thankful for the days when the kids actually remember they love each other! :)I'm thankful for a year full of memories together and I'm thankful for the opportunities we've had to learn and grow together.

I'm thankful for so many things but I am especially thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ and for his atonement on my behalf. I'm thankful for my knowledge of Him and for the role He plays in my life. I am grateful to serve in the primary with such wonderful women who are great examples to me and to be around the kids with their purity and innocence...even when they don't seem so "innocent". :)

I am thankful for my life and for everything it entails...the good, the bad, the blessings and the trials. They are all a part of what makes my life mine!

1 comment:

  1. And I am thankful for you, Julie. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete