Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Happy Mother's Day to My Mom!

I know this is a little late in coming but I had the "good intention" of doing this post on Mother's Day...at least I'm within the same week right?! :)

My mom has been the most incredible example to me of what a mother should be. She was patient, loving, supportive, kind, stern when she needed to be, and ALWAYS my biggest fan as I was growing up. She always welcomed my friends into our home even so far as letting my best friend in high school move in with us our senior year since her parents were moving out of state.

I was not the easiest teenager and yet she "handled" me in a way that never caused me to rebel against her and always with a gentle undertone but definitely getting her point across. :) When I moved out to go to college it finally dawned on me what a truly wonderful mother I had and I wrote MANY letters home apologizing for my typical teenage behavior and thanking her for everything she had done to help me see the light and pick a path that would bring me eternal happiness! :)

My kids are so lucky to have her as their grandma. She loves her grandchildren with all of her heart and has played a major role in their lives. She has picked up with them right where she left off with me and my brother and has influenced their lives for good. She is their biggest fans just as she was mine and I appreciate how loved and supported my children feel by her. She will sit and listen to them for hours as they tell her about the latest happenings in school, sports, with friends, or whatever is going on in their lives. She is sincerely interested in their lives and takes joy in everything they share with her.

I love my mom and I am so grateful for her!!

(On a side note, I realized while I was writing this post that I really need to take more pictures of my cute mom!!!! She is always pointing out pictures to take of the grand kids or the rest of the family but she is never in them. That needs to change!! ) :)

2 comments:

  1. I must agree with everything you said. She is a wonderful mother and friend. And yes Julie I did get the chance to see some of those teenage times, and you were difficult...hehehe..Luv ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day, Julie's Mom!

    Julie, I am "off the air" from now until fall. See you then!

    ReplyDelete