Saturday, May 21, 2011

Standing in Awe


 Brian and I had the wonderful experience this last week of attending the adoption hearing of our sweet friends. I have never been to one of these before and I stood in awe at the magnitude 10 minutes can have on the life of a family. About 10 minutes is all it took to change the lives of this family forever. As I listened to Heather talk about her feelings for Lynlee, tears welled up in my eyes and I felt as though I was looking at the pure love of Christ as I looked at Heather's face literally radiating love for this little girl as well as her other adopted little daughter. I don't know the details of all that Greg and Heather have gone through to get to this point, although I've heard beautiful talks by Greg about their struggles with infertility and the talks he read and listened to that buoyed him up during this time they were struggling to start their family. They have since had the great blessing of adopting two of the sweetest, most beautiful girls ever!!!! I second their testimonies of the blessing of adoption. I second their thoughts on the selflessness of the birth mothers. And I second their comments on the "rightness" of the situation and that this is exactly how they were supposed to find their children on this earth. The Lord has a plan for all of us and this was His for them.



My quote for the day comes from my sweet niece Chelsea Kate's blog:

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."
Gordon B. Hinckley

Greg and Heather were the supreme examples of this. I love them and their sweet family and I am thankful we were invited to be a part of that special day with them!

1 comment:

  1. We are so grateful you came! Thanks for blogging about this, I got teary-eyed all over again...

    ReplyDelete