Monday, February 23, 2009

Recent Happenings

Since we have had a few days without snowfall, Nick (our fire loving kid), talked Brian into the first marshmallow roast of the new year in our backyard. It was still a little chilly out there, but the fire helped a little in keeping us warm. The smell of the campfire made me long for the days of summer!!!!!!! Nick has the most patience in roasting marshmallows...he rotates it slowly over the best part of the simmering coals till it's perfectly golden on the outside and melty on the inside. So when he offered to make me one I gladly accepted the offer. :-) He started cooking and slowly turning it and I kept watching it, salivating and anxious to pop it in my mouth. Well I took my eyes off it for one second and when I looked back the end of his roasting stick was empty and he was chewing...HE ATE MY PERFECT MARSHMALLOW. :-) It just looked too good to him and he couldn't resist. But he made me another one...just as perfect. :-)
This is a picture of Hailey with her newly cut bangs. This is a BIG deal because she always wants to have her bangs the length of her hair and I always want them cut. It was HER idea to cut her bangs on Saturday and I was very happy about that! I think she looks SO CUTE with bangs. :-)

This is Nick with his new glasses. He's been complaining about not being able to see the board at school so we took him in and sure enough...the poor kid was cursed with my eyesight. :-) When he first put on his glasses he said "Oh my gosh, now I can see in HD". :-)


One of Nick's Jr. Jazz basketball games. His team has done really well this year and he's enjoyed playing! (And I've enjoyed cheering like a mad woman on the sidelines.) :-)



One of Hailey's Jr. Jazz games. She is so tall that she usually ends up with a ton of rebounds! :-) She's really enjoyed playing this year as well.




2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh!! its like they've both completely changed!!
    I'll never forget the day chels got her glasses!! (in 5th grade.. ironic) she had the biggest smile on her face - she could finally see!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom,
    Thank you for posting the picture with me in glasses.Ha Ha (thanks a lot)

    ReplyDelete