Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Well, today is a harder thankful Thursday for me because I'm having the winter blahs and for whatever reason I am a magnet lately for every rude person within a 10 mile radius. :-) So as I type that I realize that today I am grateful for polite people and those who offer up small acts of kindness. The other day I was at the gas station buying a gas gift card for Bryson who's getting his license soon. I also got a small cup of hot chocolate because it was freezing outside. For whatever reason they wouldn't let me pay for the hot chocolate on the same receipt as the gift card but they also wouldn't accept a debit card for anything less than $2.50 and I didn't have any cash...so I was in a pickle about how to pay for the hot chocolate. Seeing my dilema, the cashier guy told me to just to take it and come back in sometime and pay for it. (Which I did!) I'm thankful for his kindness.

I'm thankful for the pleases and thank yous that come out of my childrens mouths and for the mom that is willing to help me with Nick's class Valentine's Party at school tomorrow. I'm thankful for the women who don't park their carts in the middle of the isle at the grocery store so you can actually get by them while they're looking for something on the shelf and for sales people who understand that "I'm just looking" means "I'm just looking" and not "I need you to follow me around the entire store in case I might pick something up that you can make commission on." So as you treat someone politely or perform small acts of kindness, realize it might mean more than you think to the other person! :-)

4 comments:

  1. sometimes you can be just a little pollyanna.. even when you have the winter blahs (i hope you know i say this in jest)

    you are the best, and remind me weekly to be positive..

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha...well...I do hope I catch you on a Good day when I am being POLITE...because I do have my urggghhh...days! But I do agree with you and the grocery carts in the middle of the isles...what's that all about? Excuuusseee me????Do you OWN this freakin store, or WHAT????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your gratitudes and look forward to them each week. Why, I wonder... I think they are the stuff our minutes are made of, and your noticing them makes the seemingly mundane actually GLOW a bit.

    ReplyDelete