Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for moms...my mom, moms of my childrens friends, moms of the kids in my childrens classes at school, my mother-in-law, and moms that are great examples and help me learn how to be a better mom!

My mom has always been my biggest fan and notices every detail of my life. She has the uncanny ability to know just what I need at any given time. She is kind, thoughtful, generous and willing to do anything for me and my kids!

I appreciate the moms in the homes my children go to play. I have confidence that they will be treated well and looked after and I'm so grateful that I don't have to worry about them when they go play with their friends.

Being Nick's room mom for his class at school, I am so thankful for the moms who are willing to work in the classroom and help with the parties. Parents are so busy these days and I am so appreciative of the mothers who take time to be involved in their kids school lives and make my job easier by their willingness to share the load. I am also thankful for the moms in my daughters class who have helped and put on great class parties for them.

I am grateful for my mother-in-law who puts together special treat packages for my kids for every single holiday of the year. She also sends them home with a baggy of something everytime they visit her house. They love that!

And all you moms who show me how to be a better mom by your quiet examples, I appreciate you! I watch you interact with your kids, cheer them at sporting events or music recitals, spend hours helping with homework, projects, etc. I read your blogs, observe your childrens accomplishments and spend time listening to you talk about the ups and downs and what works and doesn't...thank you for the great examples and for reminding me that we're all human when that is what I need to hear. :-) I love MOMS!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a good writer, Julie. I look forward to these thankful posts and thoroughly enjoy them. As a mom, I thank you for saluting moms!

    ReplyDelete