Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I'm writing this a little early again as it is Wednesday night, but I'm sure no one will actually see it until Thursday. :) This week I'm thankful for forgiveness...both the ability to receive forgiveness and offer forgiveness. I absolutely love the nights that I can lay my head on my pillow and not have a tinge of regret or unease about something I did or did not do during that day. Unfortunately those nights are the exception rather than the norm. Most of the time as I lay there I think about my lack of patience with the kids...or the husband :). Why I yelled or didn't pay enough attention when they were talking, or expected my husband to be something more than simply human. Or I think about something someone did that ticked me off and why I was absolutely right in feeling or reacting the way I did. :) But luckily, no matter what, my children and husband always forgive me and I forgive them and I'm thankful for that.

I'm grateful for my children, husband, friends, parents, etc. who forgive my weaknesses daily. :)

4 comments:

  1. so ironic that you would put that up last night, right after a conversation with my good friend who has a relative who's LACK of forgiveness is severely affecting their lives.. this isn't the place, but I'll have to tell you about it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the most restorative moments of being a mom for me is when I've been a GOON of a mom, I apologize to Libby, and she faithfully responds with, "That's OK, Mom." She demonstrates to me that forgiveness is everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Cute.. Yes the thing my mom has to tell you.. ooh.. bah. Hey so anyway.. I want to see Nicks blog, but I don't know how to find it! Can you give me his code/password (whatever the heck that word is) so I can see it?
    I love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie...I can not imagine you yelling...can you do that one day so I can see :)

    ReplyDelete