Monday, August 24, 2009

And I thought a DOG was bad...

Well evidently I'm going for "Mom of the Year" this year and I will be awaiting the flowers and fame that go along with that title. :) On Sunday I was taking a trash bag out to the garbage can and I turn the corner and about step on a slithery little snake on our driveway. So I scream and run in the house yelling for Nick to come see it. He comes running out of the house with his net to catch it. Next thing I know he has the snake in the net and his old hermit crab cage all set up with a water dish, rocks etc for the snakes new home. I couldn't believe the words, "sure you can keep it" came out of my mouth and I looked around to see who said that. That DID NOT sound like something I would say about a SNAKE!!!!!! I did however make the stipulation that it would NEVER be in the house...it would have to live on the back patio. So Nick is one happy boy and has dug up worms for it to eat since that's what it said on the Internet to feed it. We'll see how long this lasts but I'm really hoping snakes have a very short lifespan!




On a side note, the kids are still totally in love with Rocko and he's getting to be a better puppy every day. Who knows, maybe we'll even beat our record of having a dog more than 3 months. :)


3 comments:

  1. You are an amazing mom! Way to go - I am super impressed by you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos say it all, I think. While Nick gazes loviingly at the snake, Hailey looks grossed out. Brain is somewhere in between.

    Julie, you ARE Mom of the Year. It would be a cold day in hell before I'd let Libby keep it. In fact, I even have a family motto that goes with this kind of circumstance: We are a 'catch and release' family. That means catching is fine, but they must be returned to their natural habitat by sundown that day.

    Her latest release was a frog named Ginger. The release is always the most tearful part, but she's getting used to it. She'd like you much better as her mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Sure, you can keep it??"

    Are you on some kind of medication that you won't admit to??

    There is NO WAY..

    (even though I've had kids ask.. NEVER)

    ReplyDelete