Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for a new school year kicking off today and for kids who are excited about it. Even though I think summer went WAY too fast, this time of year is always exciting. Going to see the class lists and finding out who your teacher is and who is in your class; going to meet your teacher and seeing where your desk is and who you sit by; picking out your "first day of school outfit"; filling up your new backpack, and waking up with a few butterflies in your tummy when the big day finally arrives. I'm thankful for the teachers and the PTA volunteers who do so much for my children and we're looking forward to a great school year...Nick's LAST year in elementary school...WOW!




After the kids left this morning Rocko searched the whole house looking for them. I think he's going to be a sad little poochie during the day while the kids are gone.


One of the PTA members decorated the Teachers Lounge in this jungle theme.

Nick's face was one of the monkeys...so cute! (Thanks for telling me about it Mary.)




1 comment:

  1. So So So not ready for school to start..

    Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete