Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Since yesterday was Brian's 40th birthday I thought it was only fitting that this Thankful Thursday be about him. I am so thankful for him and the husband he is to me and the father he is to the kids. We are so lucky to have him and I hope he always knows how much we love him.

He is VERY against surprise parties and made me promise a long time ago that I would not plan one for his 40th birthday. So I told him in advance that I was inviting some people over for dinner Saturday and our wonderful friends volunteered to make some of his favorite dishes. Krista made delicious ribs, homemade macaroni & cheese and creamed corn, I made a squash recipe & baked beans & Ana made flan...all of these things are definitely "Brian food". Wade & Lynette brought him some of her homemade zucchini relish and zucchini bread. Yummy day for him!!!

Then on his actual birthday I told Brian to be home by 3:15 but didn't tell him why. When he got home I told him to change his clothes because we had a tee time at 4:00. He and I golfed 9 holes then we hurried home to get cleaned up since I had made dinner reservations at 7:00 at Market Street Grill. Krista and Courtney surprised him at the restaurant but that surprise was okay with him since it wasn't an entire room full of people with all the attention on him. :) It was a great day!

I hope we celebrate many more birthdays together...I love this man!!!
Brian and his buddy Alan ran another 1/2 marathon a couple Saturdays ago.
We got Brian a 4-wheeler cake to remind him that the 4-wheeler we got him a few months ago was his birthday present. (He hasn't forgotten but I thought it was a cute cake.) :) Those suckers in the bowl say "40 sucks" on them. :)




Happy to be out golfing!








He had been hitting monster shots all day off the tee but on this last hole he hit about 4 into the water and he was so frustrated he went in after them. NEVER in a million years could I picture him wading into this water...see turning 40 is very liberating and we can now do things we wouldn't normally have done. :) I was laughing so hard I could barely hold the camera still to take pictures.





Brian and Courtney have vicious games of ping pong where lots of smack talk is exchanged. Brian always teases Courtney about his case he has for his ping pong paddle so for his birthday Courtney got Brian a new ping pong paddle with a case...it's awesome!!! :)


Brian is not a lover of balloons and on the way out of the restaurant Krista clipped these balloons onto the back of his shirt and he didn't notice for a few seconds...it was hilarious but I didn't have my camera ready...so this is Krista trying to get those balloons back on the back of his shirt.








2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Brian! You are utterly blessed to have a wife who loves you so. But you know that, I'm sure.

    Julie, you are so full of life! I feel energized just reading this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, what an amazing birthday you planned for Brian! That sounds like such a fun day.

    ReplyDelete