Friday, July 23, 2010

Girls Trip, Basketball Camp, and Happy Birthday to Nick!! :)

Last week I went on my annual girls trip with two of my BFF's. This year we decided to go to California to soak up some rays and it was awesome! We left on Wednesday morning and came home Sunday night and spent the days lounging in the pool of Cara's in-laws home which was BEAUTIFUL; going to movies, eating and shopping. We never did make it to the beach because we didn't want to get off our floats in the pool...we were overlooking the ocean from the pool so it was like we were practically there. :)

Chris' GPS didn't stick to the window very well so either she held it or assigned that job to Cara...very convenient. :)




We stopped to eat lunch in Cedar City and felt like Mexican food so we looked up Mexican Restaurants. We came across this one and the reviews were telling us that people planned their trips around eating at this place. Ummmmm...we'd like to know what these people eat normally because this place was NOT all it was cracked up to be...we all felt a little sick the rest of the day!




The first movie theater we went to was very cool. It was really small and everyone had these rocking chair seats with table in between. It was like being in someones personal theater room. Cara's brother lives there so he joined us for the movie.



This is the amazing infinity pool out in the back yard of Cara's in-laws. It was in an amazing neighborhood (according to the realtor Kobe Bryant and Tiger Woods have houses there). Of course Chris and I had to bring a little reality to the neighborhood and did cannonballs into the infinity pool. So fun! :)












Chris and I eating our cheese and crackers without actually having to get off our floaties...what a rough week.







Cowgirl Chris in the pool...woot woo!!!








We just had to get a picture in the big rocking chair at a gas station in Beaver. :)









So then it was back to reality and no more lounging in the pool all day. Key learning from the trip though...you really need to turn over every once in a while on those floaties or you get very burned on one side and still stark white on the other. :)
Hailey went to basketball camp this week at the high school and really enjoyed it. She went with her friend Cammie and thought it was a lot of fun.










My "little boy" turned 13 today!!!! I really can't believe it. As Brian and I were sitting out on the back patio after his party today we were talking about the day he was born. He was a preemie and only 3 lbs 13 oz so he was immediately whisked away to the NICU...Newborn ICU. As we were talking I started crying thinking about what a hard day it was the day after he was born to leave the hospital without my little baby boy. My parents were driving down from Boise as I was giving birth and they honestly didn't know if they were coming for a birth or a funeral because he was so early. Now he is 13...where on earth has the time gone. I love that boy so much and I am so grateful he is my son!!! I REALLY must love him to give him the party he wanted today...FEAR FACTOR 2...grosser than ever!










There was no actual "eating" of the worms but Nick and CJ thought they were pretty brave to get them this close to their mouths and I think Nick licked it. :) The worms and maggots were in a pail filled with dirt and keys that they had to dig through to get the keys to unlock 4 locks.













The first challenge wasn't a gross one...they just had to pop each others balloons tied to their ankles. It was funny to see all the "dancing" going on as they tried to step on each others without theirs being popped.













This was the grossest challenge to watch...the eating of the baby food...mashed corn and rice. Briggs (below) was the one that sent me running for the barf bucket because he was trying so hard to get it down but kept gagging on it...disgusting!!!














Nick went straight for the barf bucket the minute the first spoonful went in his mouth.















Digging for the keys amongst worms and maggots.















Catching gold fish...this was Nick's best challenge and the only one he won. :) CJ dominated the challenges by winning 4 and Brigg's won the other 2.















I didn't take a picture of the one I thought was the grossest...I didn't want to be anywhere near it because of the smell. We had a bucket full of whole squid that we hid coins in and the had to dig through it to find the coins. It smelled TERRIBLE and looked even worse...guts, eyeballs, slime, etc. Boys are gross!! :)
Nobody had a real big appetite for the pizza and brownies after all the gross-ness but they pushed through. :) We did a couple other challenges involving raw eggs and oatmeal that I didn't get pictures of, but all in all it was fun for the boys and I'm relieved it's over!!!! :) Nick better REALLY appreciate this party!!! They ended the party by feeding all the worms and maggots to the chickens. I tried to give the chickens away as party favors but for some reason Nick and Brian objected to that. :)



















3 comments:

  1. First, how about that forever pool??? Unbelievably gorgeous. Will you ever forget it? I doubt it.

    Nick's b-day party (barf-day)was such a unique idea. No girls invited to that one, I'd guess...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip! And Nick's party was a success if there was barfing involved...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still can't believe you AGREED to this!?!?!

    ..its like I hardly know you..

    :)

    ReplyDelete